‘Boutique’ is a term used for a firm that has specialist expertise. Roberts Jackson, launched in 2009, is dedicated to helping those affected by industrial diseases.
Judges said that Roberts Jackson is “a proper, grown-up business with an admirable focus, real vision which is being achieved and is making the very best use of the new legal services environment”.
Roberts Jackson was described as “a niche firm really going places, with the vision, foresight and business acumen to attract private capital investment…. Its growth in size and profitability is directly linked to its innovation and market focus.”
The judges gave credit to Roberts Jackson’s entrepreneurial founders, Karen and Oliver Jackson describing them as “adventurous leaders who are thinking ahead in their own way.”
The accolade is the third award the firm has won so far in 2016 after being named Business of Distinction by Acquisition International Magazine, whilst Director of Strategy and Growth, Oliver Jackson was named Most Innovative Business Leader by the same publication.
Speaking after winning the impressive award, Chief Executive Karen Jackson said:
“In 2009 when we set up in one room in Wilmslow, we couldn’t have imagined winning such a prestigious national award. The success is down to our wonderful staff who are so dedicated in caring for their clients and developing their own skills to do the best job they can.”
It seems there’s no end to the recognition the firm is attracting. At the beginning of August Roberts Jackson was shortlisted for Excellence in Client Service at the Law Society Excellence Awards 2016. Watch this space!
• Roberts Jackson Solicitors was launched by husband and wife Karen and Oliver Jackson in 2009, based in Wilmslow, Cheshire.
"In 2009 when we set up in one room in Wilmslow, we couldnt have imagined winning such a prestigious national award. The success is down to our wonderful staff.."
• It is the only firm in the UK to solely specialise in Industrial Disease Law
• The main conditions the firm deals with are Noise Induced Hearing Loss, Vibration White Finger, Asbestos Related Conditions, Occupational Asthma, Occupational Dermatitis & Musculoskeletal injuries
• In the 2012 the firm was named Small Law Firm of the Year at the Manchester Legal Awards
• Due to substantial growth the firm moved to significantly larger offices in 2012, Sandfield House
• In 2014 the firm secured investment of £15m from NorthEdge Capital
• The firm currently has 8 equity shareholders
• The law firm has since been granted an Alternative Business Structure (ABS) licence and now operates marketing, costs, finance and legal support departments to assist the Fee Earning division
• Roberts Jackson Solicitors has increased is turnover from £2.5m in 2012 to £11.2m in the last financial year
• Recently the firm was named Boutique Firm of the Year by the Lawyer Magazine
• In total the firm has been shortlisted for a total of 67 awards and has won 15 Awards since 2009
DISCLAIMER: The statements, opinions, views and advice expressed in this article are those of the author/organisation and not of ENTIRELY. This article should represent information correct at the time of publication however whilst every care has been taken to present up-to-date and accurate information, we cannot guarantee that inaccuracies will not occur. ENTIRELY will not be held responsible for any claim, loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of any information within this article or any information accessed through this site. The content of any organisations websites which you link to from ENTIRELY are entirely out of the control of ENTIRELY, and you proceed at your own risk. These links are provided purely for your convenience and do not imply any endorsement of or association with any products, services, content, information or materials offered by or accessible to you at the organisations site.